16 November 2011

PARTIAL RETURN

On Monday my laptop finally arrived from surgery. I've spent the time since trying with limited success to restore its operation. You see, I had the information on the hard drive backed up, but the backup device's restoration CD does not function. So I am bereft of dozens of programs, hundreds of weblinks and email addresses, and thousands of emails and photos which had been stored on the laptop.

I've spent many hours on the phone with tech support people from several service providers, and face a choice ~ individually restore those links and programs which I can recall (but lose all those emails and photos), or continue the frustrating struggle to get my PC backup system to work.

This is definitely not how that product was advertised to serve. But at least I do have a computer which has restored my connection with the wider online world. I'll try to return to daily posts of substance very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment